Tuesday, January 27, 2015

And we're off!

Sayonara Minnesota! We're outa here. I finished up my appointments and tests today and I am exhausted. God really opened the doors to so many appointments that weren't even scheduled. The great news is that there is no damage done to my heart structurally or mechanically. The bad news is there is not a "cure" for Dysautonomia. Lifestyle changes and medications are my best bet right now. The medicine will lower my heart rate and blood pressure which should help the chest pain. 

As for my stomach issues...
My abdomen has been getting extremely distended after I eat. I mean really distended. 
Thank goodness for puffy jackets and vests is all I have to say! They had to make sure there wasn't a blockage or any other reason it was distending. The Dysautonomia causes motility issues with my digestion. So when I eat, my food hangs out much longer than it should, taking its time through the tracks of the intestines. There is some medicine to help, but for now I am going to eat tiny portions several times a day, and stick to easy-to-digest foods. (Which is a bummer because I LOVE food) but weighing the options, I'd rather ditch the belly. 
I am going to try some supervised exercise little bits at a time when I get home. The hard part is balancing what I need for the POTS and what I can't do because of the EDS. I'll let you know how that goes... 
I am excited for a fun girls weekend for my friend Lindsey. It will finally be one I can keep up with. She and I are on the same pace :) We are going to Fripp on Friday. It will be nice to have a relaxing weekend after nine days of poking and prodding at the hospital. 

Thank you so much for the prayers during all of this. They were very much felt by me and Mom. We felt very at peace with every appointment and test they ran. Trusting in God left little to worry about while we waited each day for results and answers. God's peace really does surpass all understanding.
Much love
Riley 

No comments:

Post a Comment